Best Web Design Tips for Your Online Store
By: Saranya Sridharan, Consulting Copywriter
One of the most important aspects of any e-commerce store is the design of the website. Even if your e-store contains the hottest items for customers, you will not be able to sell them unless your e-commerce store has a customer friendly website design.
Starting an online store is a great way to earn extra income right from the convenience of your own home. You can sell any type of product through the online store and market them to the millions of customers online. In this blog, I will share with you some of the essential web design tips for your online store that I have learned while availing the services of a Dallas web design company for my online store.
- Keep a Simple Website Layout: Most online users cite complex website layout as the main reason they do not complete their online transactions. A simple website layout makes it easy for online visitors to browse through the site. You should not clutter your website with too much pictures or textual information that makes it difficult to navigate through the website. The e-commerce website should contain a simple web layout with easy navigation, check out and payment process for the online visitors.
- Organized Product Catalogue: The expert web designers at the Dallas web design firm always emphasized the importance of an organized website. An organized website not only makes it easy for the online visitors to find the right product, but it also leaves a pleasant impression with the online customers.
Every product on your e-commerce store should be organized properly with a separate page for each product category. This will facilitate your customers in locating the right product that fulfill their needs. It will also result in improved sales turnover of your online commerce store.
- Visible Contact Information: Studies have shown that people feel secure when they see an email or phone number prominently displayed on the website as they can gain further information about the product. That is why you should put important information like contact numbers, emails, prices in a visible area that can easily be viewed by the online visitors.
- Maintain Optimum Readability: The importance of readability of your website content cannot be emphasized enough. The expert web designers of my Dallas web design firm told me that people do not read, but rather scan the text of the website. That is why you should keep the following guidelines in mind while formatting the text of the e-commerce website.
- Headline: Keep headlines to 8 words or less.
- Product Description: Aim to limit the word count of the product descriptions between 250 and 400 words.
- Sentence Structure: Vary the length of the sentences while maintaining an average word count of 12–15 words. Moreover, each paragraph should contain no more than four/five sentences for optimum readability.
- Think like a Customer: Finally, another important tip that I have learnt while availing the services of the Dallas web design company is that you should think like a customer when designing your e-commerce website. Consider how you can design the website to make it easier for your customers to purchase the products. Thinking in this way allows you to incorporate features that would result in a positive experience for the customers and increase the chance that they buy products from your website.
Forte Software Technologies is a reliable Website Design and Development company with years of experience in creating dynamic websites for various clients. For more information on Forte Software Technologies and their services, visit www.fortetek.com.