Effective Web Design
Top 10 tips to make a effective web design:
- Have a simple and eye-catchy logo
- Less is more – Do not clutter your website with images, videos and content
- Make your website navigation very simple. If possible provide the sitemap in your page footers
- Have a contact #, E-Mail and the Physical address, if Retail business hours of operation in all the pages.
- Have a Contact Us Form accessible from all the pages.
- If you are a e-commerce website, make sure to display the “Secure Logos” for the payment processing.
- If a business website, do not load audio or video automatically when the home page loads, request for permission to load any movie / audio.
- Make your website Search Engine friendly such as – Meta Tags, XML Site maps, etc
- Make your html file names meaningful like for example – If your company provides a web design, create a page that talks about that services and name that page like webdesign.htm.
- Be sure to provide the ALT tags for all your images.